Hey, I'm Kevin.
I’m Kevin Farrugia, a consultant on web performance and software architecture.
I can help you understand why your website is slow, help you fix it and transfer my knowledge to your team to create a performance culture & maintain a fast website.
If you would like to get in touch, you may find me on Twitter as @imkevdev
If you are interested in my services, please get in touch by email.
- Getting your HTTP Cache-Control headers rightSat Nov 27 2021
Getting your caching strategy right can make a huge difference to your users - both repeat and first time.
- Contributing to the HTTP Archive's 2021 Web Almanac - Resource HintsTue Nov 23 2021
The Web Almanac is an annual publication curated by industry experts analyzing the current state of the web.
- Creating a performance culture - Web Performance CalendarThu Dec 24 2020
A non-technical write-up about my experience creating and maintaining a performance culture at Tipico.
- Code-splitting is hardFri Nov 13 2020
A demo project to illustrate that code-splitting is not a pandora's box and help in answering frequently asked questions on the topic.
- Measuring performance with SpeedCurve and WebPageTestMon Nov 02 2020
Internal presentation at Tipico
- Loading CSS - Performance CheatsheetFri Sep 25 2020
A comparison of a set of tests using different loading strategies for CSS assets.
- React Rendering OrderTue Jul 28 2020
An example and explanation of the order in which React renders components and sub-components.
- Inlining critical CSSFri Jul 24 2020
I have recently come across all sorts of implementations to inline critical CSS. Here I share my relatively simple approach.
- Learning the React reconciliation algorithm with performance measuresSun May 03 2020
I wanted to measure the summation of all CPU time following a prop change, to do that I had to thoroughly understand the React reconciliation algorithm.
- How I improved a WordPress website's start render time to under 1 secondSun Apr 26 2020
Over the course of three months, I improved a WordPress website's page load time from 5.52 to 1.40 seconds and brought it's start rendering time to under 1 second.
- AnnouncementThu Feb 20 2020
Resignation from Incredible Web Ltd.
- The role of progressive enhancement todayMon Jan 06 2020
Presented at perf.now() meetup in Amsterdam